Saturday, June 9, 2007

cases for this week...

I am not really sure what to say of these cases...One thing that does come to mind, which is not really off topic I guess. While doing my coop at NRCan, RSS was suggested to some patrons/scientists who could take advantage of RSS to have updates on different searches that they did. Basically, you could save your search (ie: Lit Search- For those of you who had J. Noon, you know what these are, and how much time they take), well by using the RSS feature, you can save your search and anytime, something new comes up that would be in your search, the patron can get a notice of it. It is really neat, and a true time saving tool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could set up RSS feeds for all of my searches, and provide that to the Library patrons. What a differentworld it would be.

Acadian_jl said...

Well in the case/library that I worked in, their work/research/interest is a continual process, so if these people have the said requirements and want to keep up on top of what is being published, it may be possible to set this up. All of this depends on your clients/patrons needs.