Monday, May 7, 2007

my first post...

Hi All,

A little about myself...well I am not new to blogs, I've been writing on blogs for a little while now, however, I created this new blog for this course. As for social softwares, I am very interested in learning and applying them in my future workplace. I just came back from a co-op with Natural Resources Canada Library, and one of the projects that I worked on was setting up a Wiki for NRCan, which was quite the adventure, and I ran into quite a learning curve, but it was all good and now I realize that wikis can be used for much more than how I knew wikis before, for example Wikipedia. The potential for Wikis are interesting. However, I also realize that there are other social software tools out there, and being developed that I am also interested in. I am really interested in this area and new technology and its uses in the library and information sharing environment. Other than that, I have varied interests in softball, anything Acadian, the Maritimes, and a lot of other stuff. Anyways if you want to know more, just ask away.

Cheers,
Jer

Woo Hoo,
Jeremie

7 comments:

Monika said...

Hey Jeremie,

I love the Maritimes too!

Unknown said...

My roommate is on coop at NRCan this summer too, and she's working with another student (Amy). Amy's job this summer is also Wiki-related. Do you have any advice for her?

Leah said...

Whereabouts in the Maritimes are you from? (asks the classmate who grew up in Wolfville NS-- right next to Grande Pre)

amanda said...

Hi Jeremie - welcome to 757. Glad to hear you've had some experience with social tools already - I'm sure your experience with wikis will provide some useful perspective during week 5!

Hope you enjoy the term.

Acadian_jl said...

Kifty...

I actually got an email yesterday from Amy's supervisor and I told her that Amy could email me anytime, etc..yeah she is sort of continuing on, on the work that I did, etc. It's kind of neat, and from what her supervisor told me today..there are going to be a few new projects and stuff for her to do which is great!

Unknown said...

Hi Jeremie,

kifty is actually Christy, in case you were confused. And I will tell Michelle (my roommate) that. I imagine that Amy will hear directly from her supervisor.

I hope we have fun this summer!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks